akurtom

The whole jeep thing

http://www.jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.shtml

I have noticed that I wish I had a jeep for one reason. All jeep drivers have this common bond that when you drive past another jeep, you wave. How come I cant have that with my prelude. they are specialty cars too. I mean, I still wave at other prelude drivers but most of them, kinda look at me, some have given me the most irritated look ever...i am like, lets go, lets start something new like all cars of the same kind that are semi - decent....wave to each other as code. its cool. i was driving my buddies jeep wrangler the other day and people just waved and im like, cool....i want that with my car. its like the bar, cheers, except with cars.
or maybe im too involved with cars to start with...whatever...random thoughts

Blue Skies

Ah heck yeah!!! I'm giving a wave to all 4 door Toyota Corolla owners from this point on.

I'll project the true automobile awesomeness all Corolla owners deserve.

"Yo, bet you get over 30 miles to the gallon. Your ride is cool, and by cool I mean .. totally sweet!"
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

It's heartening to see that even though the Geo Tracker that I rolled last week starts out with a wave factor of zero it gets a few points for battle scars:

Battle Scars:
Mashed hood, top, etc., obviously from roll-over: +3
V-bent front bumper from being pulled out of that REALLY bad one: +2
Other accessories bent, folded, mangled or mutilated: +1
but said item is owned by your spouse: +2
Scars on the driver - MUST be Jeep-related, may require proof: +1

B|:S:S

A lot of folks in the country wave at other drivers just to be nice. Its a pleasent thing to see for sure.

Get a motorcycle, folks on bikes give a biker wave as they pass, its very very rare that somone else on scooter and myself pass that they don't wave back. Usually its because they've got a lot of 4-wheelers around them and are busy keeping up with the blind assholes in their steel cages and either need their left hand or don't see me. Even ricers wave back to me on my cruiser.

Something about being out on two wheels gives bikers a common bond.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've had two Jeeps and whenever someone waves at me I flip them the bird. WTF do I know these motherfrs. Why the F are they waving at me. F them all

It'd be funny if one of those guys was on a trail the same time you were and when you blew your transfer case and needed winched out of a tank trap. >:(:P

Haha...nope and I don't wave at folks in a Jeep because I don't own one yet.

(someday I'll build my ultimate trail machine out of a CJ...can't yet, though).

I do wave at random people on motorcycles when I'm on mine, though...and I used to wave at folks in aircooled VWs when mine was still on the road.:)
I even pulled over a few times to help other VW drivers (aircooled) that were broke down or out of gas. I didn't know them from Adam, but it was a neat common bond and they appreciated the help.:)

If I remember correctly, here in the UK the motorcycle wave thing started to help other's by indicationg that the road ahead was clear (no Cops) .. If you passed another bike and did not get a response wave ..... you slowed down to within legal limits.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I've had two Jeeps and whenever someone waves at me I flip them the bird. WTF do I know these motherfrs. Why the F are they waving at me. F them all.:)

I agree. Some A$$hole in a jeep waved at me last week.
I managed to squeeze off 3 rounds from my .45 before he turned the corner. I think I got his spare. What's it all about?

Oh, I drive an F150 btw.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

A lot of folks in the country wave at other drivers just to be nice. Its a pleasent thing to see for sure.
Get a motorcycle, folks on bikes give a biker wave as they pass, its very very rare that somone else on scooter and myself pass that they don't wave back. Usually its because they've got a lot of 4-wheelers around them and are busy keeping up with the blind assholes in their steel cages and either need their left hand or don't see me. Even ricers wave back to me on my cruiser.
Something about being out on two wheels gives bikers a common bond.:)

Back when i rode a rice burner, the i noticed the Harley guys never waved.
So i quit waving. But if you're driving around in January in Michigan on a bike, everyone waves.
( warm days )

Out west only the people that have jeeps that are off road rigs wave. The rest that have larger tires and lifts on original axles and gears with cheeta print seat covers don't. To them its just a convertable cruizer.

Come to think of it quite a few stockers wave, but I think that they are just saving up for real gears and axles.:)

um Jeep ... isn't that just a poor mans Landrover?

Not quite.

Landrover got its concept from the original Willey's jeep used by GIs in WWII. Infact, the first production Landrovers were built on Jeep frames. So quite honestly, the Landrover is a yuppy overpriced copy of a jeep. Go look up the history of both vehicles and you'll understand, then you'll stop spouting off untruthful comments. >:(:P

um Jeep ... isn't that just a poor mans Landrover? :o

Well we didn't see too many ( not a single one) Land Rovers on the Rubicon. I hear tales of them there after upgrading with exotic and expensive gears and axles. Or strong domestic units.

But we saw plenty of jeeps modified into the 70k dollar range. Not what I would call a poor man's anything.